In a typical Agile methodology, test automation will always have a lag of sprint+1 or sprint+2, which creates a snowball effect. By the time all your sprints have ended, and you are planning to go live, your regression gets delayed due to the sprint+2 lag. It introduces an additional phase after the actual Release, once again, where the effort goes into completing your automation, which is anti-agile and defeats the whole purpose of the Agile test management. Agile testing needs much more than just test case automation.
So how to tackle these Agile test automation challenges that QA teams face most of the time?
What Do You Need to Do to Move to Agile?
Tackle Dependencies for Automation
- Adopt Test Driven Development (TDD) and early automation
- Remove dependency on application readiness and stability as a pre-step for automation
- Reduce the effort and complexity involved in automation, as complexity adds to maintenance and undermines the reliability of test execution
- Ensure scalable execution infrastructure
- Enable the entire team to participate in the automation rather than just doing it in silos
Adapt an Integrated Approach
- Integrate manual and automation testing streams
- Integrate services and non UI testing as part of the functional flows
- Build inherent traceability in the test assets
- Adapt business process-driven approach to testing
Quality Lifecycle Automation
- Instead of limiting automation to test execution-only, use it as an optimizer in the entire QA cycle
- Automate test case generation and drive it through business rules
- Adapt smart ways for testing scope definition and test strategy
- Automate the process of change reconciliation
- Embed functional automation as part of the CI cycle
Achieve continuous delivery with Quality Lifecycle Automation
What is ACCELQ’s Approach Towards Agile Testing Challenges?
ACCELQ is a codeless natural language-based automation platform that offers:
- Quality Driven Development: It brings capabilities such as application abstraction, which ensures that your actual automation assets are ready by the time the coding of the application is finished. This can expedite your automation efforts by up to 70%.
- Predictive Designer: ACCELQ’s Application Universe facilitates behavior-driven designer, which has the predictive capability of providing you with a business process focused workflow design.
- Codeless Natural Language: The tool is completely codeless and uses natural English language to handle all levels of complexities in an application, including UI, database, REST testing, etc.
- Self Healing Change-Bots: The platform is capable of autonomics-based self-healing automation that drastically reduces maintenance and accelerates the ROI.
- Continuous Integration: ACCELQ offers grid execution with inbuilt support for CI and cloud farm executions to ensure you always stay ahead of the rapid changes.
- Embedded Frameworks: With ACCELQ, you do not have to use multiple custom agile test automation frameworks for modularity and reusability as it comes with embedded frameworks that bring modularity for faster software development and lower maintenance.
With these features, it is evident that ACCELQ is one of the best agile test automation tools in the market as it ensures that the QA teams are able to reduce their test automation and maintenance efforts by as much as 70 percent and achieve three times acceleration in their QA productivity.
ACCELQ can help you achieve continuous delivery with quality lifecycle automation through its innovative approach towards business-focused testing.