In today’s fast-paced software development industry, being a top-notch SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) is critical to the success of any project. But what sets the best SDETs apart from the rest? What are the secrets to their success? In this talk, Sidharth will discuss the “secret sauce” to being a top-notch SDET. He will cover the key skills, knowledge, and practices that are essential for excelling in this role. How to balance the demands of development and testing, how to approach test automation effectively, and how to work collaboratively with developers, testers, and other stakeholders. He will also share tips and tricks for staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in software testing. By the end of this talk, you’ll have a clear understanding of what it takes to be a top-notch SDET, and be equipped with practical advice to take your career to the next level.
Key Takeaways –
- Gain insights into the critical skills and practices required to excel in the SDET role and set yourself apart from the competition.
- Discover effective approaches for balancing the demands of development and testing and promoting collaboration among team members.
- Learn how to approach test automation effectively, including selecting appropriate tools and techniques, and strategies for creating and maintaining automated tests.
- Get tips and tricks for staying up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in software testing to remain relevant and valuable in your career.
- Take away practical advice to help you achieve success as a top-notch SDET and advance your career to the next level.
Sidharth has 12+ years of IT experience and is working as SDET 2 in one of the Big Tech Giants with expertise in automation testing using QTP/UFT, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG/TDD, Coded UI, and Rest Assured. Sidharth holds an ISTQB, LeanSixSigma Yellow Belt and HIPPAA certifications. He is the founder and author of the blog Automation Reinvented and conducts training sessions on UI/API automation with CICD integration.